Weekend mornings are the best, sleeping in (until 8AM!) and having a leisurely breakfast. Shan and Zoeya eat the same breakfast every day: fried egg and toast. Classic, but yawn. I’m pretty sure Shan has had this breakfast every day of his life. “I am a simple man.” he tells me.
I must be a complicated woman.
This weekend, it was an egg scrambled with sour cream, dill, salt and pepper on toast:
Here are some of last year’s:
- Fried egg with carmelized onions on mixed greens dressed with olive oil and balsamic
- Fried egg with paratha and coconut cilantro chutney
- Quickie egg florentine
- Scrambled egg with sour cream and chipotles in adobo sauce with pickled shallots (this was my favorite)
- Rolled paratha with egg scrambled with feta
- Fried egg over spinach dressed with olive oil and lemon juice