Ghostbusters Ectolime Curd and Stay Puft Fluff
Ghostbusters-inspired Ectolime Curd and Stay Puft Fluff are good enough to get you believing in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis.
There are tons of uses for these sweet goos; on the Fiction Kitchen podcast I talked about using this marshmallow fluff and lime curd to make s’mores and keylime pie gram cracker thumbprint cookies, but that’s just one idea. Eventually I’d love to make a marshmallow popsicles with ectolime curd filling inspired by Andrew Heath’s pop art popsicles!
Ectolime CurdAdapted from Ina Garten
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 4 eggs
- 2 drops green, 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Cream the butter, then beat in the sugar and lime zest. Add the eggs one by one, then the lime juice and salt.
Stay Puft FluffFrom The Kitchn – this makes a TON, if I make again will do half
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar (if you, like me, forgot you were out, can omit)
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
I love making and using fruit curds. See some other variations with:
- Strawberry curd for Queen of Hearts Strawberry Tarts | Alice in Wonderland
- Rosewater infused lemon curd for Rosy Lemon Cakes | Game of Thrones
Recipe for Fiction Kitchen Episode 43: Ghostbusters in which Carrie and Diana talk about the new movie and all that came before. Get ready for Ecto Cooler, twinkies, sad wonton soup, Cheezits, flying sandwiches, refrigerator portals, and wacky party food. We ain’t afraid of no ghost!